The first live album I was ever blown away by.
When I was attending college in my teen years, I had a good friend, Fish, who had impeccable musical taste. He introduced me to the work of The Durutti Column, and if memory serves me right, this was the record which first turned me on to their oeuvre.
Nearly 30 years later, it still sounds magnificent. Hunt down this album, and hope that Factory will reissue this as a Blu-Ray one day.
It’s been awhile, but here’s the final podcast of the year! The track listing is as follows:
1. Peter Fox – Alles Neu
2. Hilarion Nguema – Gabon Pays De Joie
3. The Chambers Brothers – Time Has Come Today
4. Carlos Gardel – La Muchacha
5. Ennio Morricone – Dal Mare
6. Al Bowlly – Fancy Our Meeting
7. Genesis – The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
8. Peter Thomas – Raumpatrouille Orion
9. Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians – Auld Lang Syne (Film Version)
10. The Durutti Column – Tomorrow (Live, from the album ‘Domo Arigato’)